LZ1AQ-Personal Home Page. Post #1373.
LZ1AQ-Personal Home Page
Accessed on 15 January 2018, 2015 UTC.
Please click post title or insert URL into your browser search box to download post.
I ran across this fascinating website while I was searching for new antenna ideas. The website created by Chavdar Levkov (LZ1AQ) is an interesting adventure into antenna experimentation.
Levkov, who has a Doctor of Science in the field of Technical Electrocardiology, is founder and CEO of a small Bulgarian company that designs and produces electrocardiology equipment. While most of Levkov's work deals with medical equipment, he has designed a variety of antennas and kits for radio amateurs.
Here's a list of his current antenna articles:
- 2-element Single Mast Wire Beam with 4 Switchable Directions - Adddendum
(New) (Jun 2017)
- 2-element Single Mast Wire Beam with 4 Switchable Directions
(New) (April 2017)
- A Simple and Very Sensitive RF Current Sensor
(New) (March 2017)
- Spreadsheet to calculate parameters of small RX loop WLoop Calc
- Impacts from Non-resonant Conductive Objects on RX Directional Antennas
(New) (February 2017)
- Impact of Resonant TX antennas on the Radiation Pattern of RX Directional Antennas. Detuning of TX Antennas
(New) (February 2017)
- A Periodic Switching Technique to Compare Receiving Antenna Performance in the Presence of Strong Fading
- Horizontally mounted small active receiving antennas
- Diversity Reception with a Modified SDR Receiver and Small Active Antennas
- Receiving with wideband small active loops in NDB band (250 to 500 KHz)
- Time Delay and Frequency Response of the Filters in Perseus SDR Receiver
- Receiving Phased Array with Small Electric or Magnetic Active Wideband Elements. Experimental Performance Evaluation.
- Single Tone Measurements of Nonlinear Distortions in Wideband RF Amplifiers
- Experimental Comparison of Small Wideband Magnetic Loops
(Last Rev. August 2013)
- Wideband Active Small Magnetic Loop Antenna. Protection from Strong Electromagnetic Fields
(Last Rev. March 2011)
- Wideband Active Small Magnetic Loop Antenna
(Last Rev. June 2011)
- Measurements of Signal Time Delays in Several SDR Programs
(Last Rev. Oct. 2011)
- Preamplifier and Bandpass filter for SDR from 1.8 to 18 MHz
(Last Rev. Dec 2008)
- Integrating Software Defined Radio (SDR) and a Standard Transceiver. Revision 2
(Last Rev. Nov. 2010)
- Integrating Software Defined Radio (SDR) and Standard Transceiver
(Last Rev. Feb. 2008)
- Very Weak Signal Reception with Small Magnetic Loop Antenna
(Last Rev. Jan. 2010)
In addition to antenna articles, Levkov has produced two useful kits for radio amateurs:
An Active Antenna Amplifier Home Kit and a Variable Delay Line Kit for Wide Band Phased Arrays.
I found this site interesting, well organized, and useful for antenna experimenters.
For the latest Amateur Radio news and information, please visit these sites:
http://www.arrl.org/arrl-audio-news (a weekly podcast which is updated each Friday).
http://amateurradionewsinformation.com (Amateur Radio News & Information).
Other sites of interest:
https://hawaiisciencedigest.com (Hawaii Science Digest).
https://hawaiiintelligencedigest.com (Hawaii Intelligence Digest)
https://paper.li/f-1482109921 (Hawaii Intelligence Daily).
https://prgnewshawaii.wordpress.com (Hawaii News Digest)
Be sure to check the blog sidebars for more antenna and propagation articles.
Opinions expressed in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated.
Thanks for joining us today.
Aloha es 73 de Russ (KH6JRM).